Monday, May 05, 2008

Santa Barbara, California, USA

I had the huge opportunity to visit Santa Barbara. It was a business trip in terms of purpose, but the people I was visiting there have really made it seem like a vacation...

I've been told that Santa Barbara (and California generally speaking) is a part of the US that is kind of special...

I then came to fully agree. Santa Barbara is, indeed, very special.

Not sure why that is, though...

- Maybe it's because it's sunny almost all year...


- Palm trees and many other exotic plants are like at home (sure, it's not the only place that has them, but the scenery is great due to the palms and all the other exotic vegetation)...


- The Pacific ocean is right there, and the mountains are just tens of miles away...



- But most importantly, the people living there are great! Everyone was extremley nice to me and I really felt good being there. I think this really weighs in and it has a lot of influence when talking about Santa Barbara as a special place.
People are really great in Santa Barbara!

[Update] a follow-up is available here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails